- Accessibility 101 checklist
- A wonderful guide to all things digitally accessible by the Minnesota Council on Disability. ADA-Digital-Toolkit
- Section 508
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Meetings and Events
- Accessible Events | Section508.gov
- A Guide to Planning Accessible Meetings
- Example of alternate methods to promote universal design: “Overview NGCDD December 2016 Meeting” video produced to support Council member participation.
- Tips from Microsoft on making word docs accessible
- Quick Guide for Accessible Word 2013, 2010, 2007
- Quick Guide for Accessible PowerPoint Presentations
- Quick Guide for Accessible PDF
- Creating Accessible Word Documents
- Remediating Accessible Word Documents
- Creating Accessible PowerPoint Presentations
- How People with Disabilities Use the Web describes how different disabilities affect Web use and includes scenarios of people with disabilities using the Web.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Quick Tips on Accessible Website Design
- Website accessibility checker
The Nevada Assistive Technology Resource Center (NATRC)
The NATRC operates a statewide demonstration and evaluation library offering individuals, professionals and students the opportunity to explore of one or more assistive technology devices to assist in decision making regarding device adoption/acquisition.
VI User Group
NATRC and the NNCIL offers a user group for people learning how to use iOS devices and to share resources on how to better utilize the most accessible mobile device available. See how using an iOS device can change how you things, allowing you to easily participate in a host of daily life activities.
Even if you don’t yet have your own devices or you “just want to get a feel” of what its like to use an iOS device you are welcome. Please note, this user group is for people with visual impairments only.
- Where: NNCIL 999 Pyramid Way Sparks, NV 89431
- When: Every Tuesday 1pm to 3pm