The DD Network of Nevada is pleased to announce the “Creating Accessible Microsoft Word Documents” one-day workshop on Tuesday, June 27 2017 on the UNR Campus.
This comprehensive workshop is suitable for anyone seeking to understand accessibility and learn simple steps to make a Word document more accessible. By adopting the techniques developed in this workshop organizations can ensure electronic texts are more accessible to employees, customers and other stakeholders—with or without disabilities. The workshop is instructor lead using PCs in a computer lab environment, a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office is recommended.
- Understand accessibility
- Why document accessibility is important?
- What makes a document accessible?
Specific hands on activities:
- How to name a document
- How to apply title and heading styles
- How to create a properly spaced bulleted list
- How to add alternative text to images
- How to create a data table optimized for accessibility
- How to create accessible hyperlinks
- How to add a table of contents
- How to find and correct insufficient color contrast
- How to run an accessibility check
As a result of attending this training, participants will be able to::
- Describe why accessibility is important
- Identify what makes a document accessible
- Create a new accessible Word document
- Remediate an existing Word document
- Complete hands-on activities in a computer lab
- Obtain a Certificate of Completion
- Eligible to receive the Accessible Document Certificate of Proficiency upon successful completion of an optional test
- Receive an Accessibility Checklist and template
The full day workshop is is divided into morning and an afternoon sessions each running for two hours and third minutes each (2.5 hrs) followed by a final 20 minute proficiency test (optional)
- Location: University of Nevada, Reno 1664 N Virginia St The lab is located in the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center Room 414 (MIKC–414)
- Cost: $0 For Nevada State Employees and Independent Living Partners
- Lunch is included
- Places: 10 participants only
Sign up now